Though Earth & Sky IT is proud to deliver a comprehensive array of technology solutions for business, lately we have discovered that many of our customers are especially interested in reducing costs. With straight-forward acquisition and compliance processes developed Earth & Sky IT, we have helped save customers millions of dollars. In addition to the savings, we’ve been able to help customers be prepared for vendor audits, and establishing policies that will help to manage IT Systems more effectively and efficiently.
has been excited about software for over 30 years. He worked as a Solutions and Technical Strategist with Microsoft Corporation for nearly 18 years.
In New England, Jim worked with financial and insurance businesses as well as other Fortune 500 companies. In Southern California, Jim worked as the Principal Technology Strategist for Microsoft’s Southwest District, providing technology solution strategies to over 60 companies, and servicing industries from healthcare and manufacturing to cellular communications and finance.
With a strong background in Windows Server and Active Directory, Jim has worked with companies such as Aetna, The Travelers, Cigna, The Hartford, United Healthcare, United Technologies, Jack in the Box, Cymer, Intuit, and SAIC .
He has provided technical support and infrastructure consulting services throughout California, Arizona and Colorado including:
• Active Directory and systems design recommendations for a regional school district
• Exchange Server design review and recommendations for a $45B Capital Management firm
• Project management for a large scale Microsoft migration for a nationally ranked health system
• Proof of concept lab design and architecture for EDS/US Navy
A sought-after speaker, Jim has presented topics at New England and Southern California Microsoft technical conferences as well as other partner and public events.
What excites Jim about his current work is the value and rapid ROI provided by integrating communications, collaboration, systems optimization, and mobile devices. His current focus:
• Working with clients to reduce wasted software costs and maintain compliance
• Helping executives drive business strategy to rapid results through tight alignment with IT assets
• Developing and optimizing business productivity solutions and acquisition solutions.
has been CIO, CTO and Senior Director of Technology for four leading healthcare systems including two Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award winners. His IT teams have won national awards for Most Wired, Most Wired Innovation, excellence in clinical outcomes and operational excellence.
As the Director of Technology for Palomar Health in Escondido, California, Pat designed and implemented the technology for the new Palomar Medical Center. The new hospital opened in August 2012. The health system was declared the “Most Innovative” public healthcare organization in California by the Association of California Healthcare Districts in 2011.
The IT infrastructure was designed to support patient-focused care and provides the foundation for an exceptional patient experience. It incorporates wireless access, telemetry monitoring of all patients, image distribution management, safe cell phone coverage and a state-of-the-art nurse call solution that leads the industry.
Prior to Palomar, Pat served as the CIO of Blessing Health System in Quincy, Illinois. Blessing is an Arbor Award-winning system, ranked among America’s best by US News, consisting of two hospitals on three campuses and licensing over 300 beds. Pat led 65 employees and managed a $14M budget. The IT department won two national awards from Eclipsys (Allscripts) in 2007 and 2008, for IT excellence in improving clinical and operational outcomes.
Senior IT Director
Pat directed a department of 80 employees at Sharp HealthCare in San Diego, a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award-winner, recently ranked the #1 healthcare system in California and #22 nationally. He was responsible for IS service delivery from the time a problem occurred to the point of resolution for 25,000 users at Sharp.
He also served as Senior Corporate Director and “deputy” CIO for Saint Luke’s Health System in Kansas City, another Malcolm Baldrige Award-winning hospital system, where he directed a division of 115 employees and led the IS effort in preparing for the Baldrige Award.
At Saint Luke’s he was the IT liaison to the medical staff and system administration and helped with evaluating, choosing, explaining, demonstrating, and implementing information system solutions. As the CIO designate, Pat was also responsible for IT strategic planning and system implementation.
“Lance and I have worked at Microsoft together for over 12 years. Lance is passionate and experienced, especially about optimizing data center operations, buying only what is needed, and helping clients to find the right solutions and architectures. Lance has worked with hundreds of IT shops from small to global. Earth & Sky IT is delighted to have Lance aboard!”
– Jim Fine
- Helping customers with Architecting, Building, Deploying and Solutions for Customer IT & Business Unit departments requirements. Extensive skills & specialties working with customer Executives, Business Units, IT departments, End-users and Microsoft Partners for 28+ years on the Microsoft Platform.
- Technology expertise covering Windows Systems Architecture, Virtualization of Servers, Desktops and Applications, Microsoft Azure Private, Public & Hybrid Clouds, Microsoft Systems Center Systems Management & Application Monitoring, Windows Server & Desktop Operating Systems upgrades and deployments, Remote Access Solutions, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) solutions.
- Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft 365, Azure Cloud solutions.
- Expertise includes Security Assessments, Security Reviews and Architecting layers of defense for Servers, Clients and mobile.
- Security solutions using Exchange, Office 365, Azure and Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protections.
- SherWeb Cloud Partner & Reseller for Microsoft Azure, Office 365, Microsoft 365 and Cloud Backup.
- Additional Services include being your outsourced virtual Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
- Certifications for Microsoft Cloud Business Strategy and IAITAM Certified Software Asset Manager (CSAM) and other Microsoft MCSE & MCP certifications. History of recognition and awards for exceeding goals, solutions building, partnering, and competitive wins including winning Microsoft Distinguished Engineer in 2000.
- Lance is trained and accomplished speaker and has presented hundreds of times to customers, conferences, seminars and symposiums.
“Ahmed and I have worked at Microsoft together for over 8 years. Ahmed is like a sharpened scalpel for any contract negotiations, trimming what not needed and buying only what is. Ahmed has a history of working with hundreds of IT shops from small to global in size. Earth & Sky IT is delighted to have Ahmed on aboard!”
– Jim Fine
Ahmed Mandre spent 12 of the 14 years at Microsoft as a Contract & Licensing Specialist helping customers from different industries optimize their licensing programs and spend. He helped his customers with their licensing strategies saving them Millions of dollars in Licensing fees and help them stay compliant.
- Licensing Review: Review contracts (Price sheets, Agreements, Amendment, Concessions…)
- Licensing Optimization: i.e. Review profile licensing, Cloud licensing, Hybrid scenarios, Virtualization, Core vs. Processor…
- Negotiating Terms and Conditions (including Pricing) for Enterprise Agreements. This is the core of my strength
- Mergers & Acquisition impact on licensing
- True Up and Audit preparation
- Licensing Scenarios and Modeling
Discuss Microsoft concession approval process and how to leverage it
Prior to joining Microsoft, Ahmed Mandre spent 4 years at Procter & Gamble in Sales and Manufacturing working with Production Department Managers on minimizing the Total Delivered Cost for all products.
THIS IS WHAT WE DO
Earth & Sky IT provide a range of services including licensing, compliance, audit protection, cost reduction, and more. We are committed to help craft your solution around best practices and proven, innovative, options.
Call Today: (858) 442-9591
THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE DONE FOR OTHERS:
We have been engaged with customers who are facing new choices with regards to Microsoft licensing options. There are many new rules and conditions. Starting with a thorough understanding of your current state and technology plan, Earth & Sky IT will help you to get to your desired state without over-spending or over-buying.
As a result, we have typically saved our customers between $1M and $4M on their EA Renewal. Here are a few of our recent accomplishments.
- Helped a nationally ranked 7-hospital health system in New England save $1.2M a year for the next three years on their Microsoft renewal.
- Assisted a top-15 ranked hospital system in Southern California prepare for their licensing renewal. They saved over $1.6M a year, $4.8M total on their Microsoft Agreements.
- Helped a prominent multi-campus health system in Central Florida save $1.3M a year for the next three years on their licensing.